Thursday, October 16, 2008

1st Vaccination in the bag

Mia weighs 7lb!!

The rain held up the entire morning, which I'm really thankful for because it's tanking down at the moment! After a short wait (and a scolding from a nurse regarding formula feeding), Mia had her BCG shot. She was a very good girl and only gave one short cry and went back to sleep. This shot will give baby her first scar on her arm :-(

After the visit, I was feeling guilty about supplementing breast milk with formula but then I thought you know what...I wasn't breastfed, neither were my brother, sister or Mia's dad, or my nephews for that matter. I'll try as best I can, but if it doesn't work out for me then I won't beat myself up over it.

Poor Jaime is fast asleep right now. He worked from 10pm - 6am last night, and has only just crashed on the bed. Baby is none worse the wear for her hospital experience, and is snoozing away in the bedroom as well.

I got really worried and stressed before they gave her the injection, so it turns out I'm a wuss sometimes when it comes to the Peanut :-)

1 comment:

The Towers Family said...

Mia will be just fine with fake milk. None of her British cousins got within 5 yards of boobies, and they all turned out fine (sort of!!!)
PS. She is still looking cute!!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." -- Anon