Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting Bedroom Peanut-Ready

I've spent the last 3 days priming and painting a changing table that Alicia so kindly gave to me. It was brown, but I want everything white - more girly I think. I don't know how good of an idea it was to be painting and bending down at 9 months, but I wanted to do it myself :-)
Here's the finished product drying in the spare room. I have a changing mattress ready to go, and all the toiletries can be stored on the shelves. Jaime will paint the crib (you can see parts in the background) , but we really don't need it until she sleeps in her own room.

Myka and Tio Jaime were so kind to lend me Kellen's traveling bassinet, which is where baby will be until she sleeps through the night. It's so handy because the crib would have been too big for the bedroom. We'll take good care of it for the next baby Awe...perhaps a little girl for Peanut to play with, eh Myka?

Three more days and counting!
"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." -- Anon