Saturday, September 27, 2008

First night...


Jaime and I took care of Mia all by ourselves last night. I wanted to start doing things for myself as early as possible so that I'll build confidence that I can take care of her. She ate, had her diaper changed and belly button cleaned, changed her clothes and off she went to sleep again...or so we thought. Anyway, somewhere around 3am she finally settled for the night and slept solid till after 6am. Her daddy was amazingly helpful as usual, Googling burping techniques at 2am :-)

I think I'll have to sleep semi-seated when Jaime is at work until it's easier to get up out of bed. The surgery area is still quite tender. Will try and rest more today when the baby sleeps, and get that wound healing. It's really frustrating when the baby needs you and you can only move in slow motion or have to ask for help!

Ok, going to check on her now. Wish me luck for DAY 2!

2 comments:

The Towers Family said...

Well the votes are in and we both think that Mia looks (from an internet point of view!!) like her PDaddy!!
Jaime, just think, Mia is giving you sleepless nights now, just imagine how many you will have when she is 18!!!!!
Love to you all xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole, Jaime's friend here - don't worry, after about a week the movements will get much easier. After a couple weeks you won't even remember the discomfort. The baby is adorable; I have to agree with previous post, Mia looks just like Jaime.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." -- Anon