Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tropical storms, boobs, butt and baby supplies

TROPICAL STORM
What a rainy weekend! It rained non-stop from Friday to Monday (tropical storm Arthur), causing serious flooding in the south. This is highly unusual for Belize, so everyone was caught off guard. In Belmopan it didn't really affect me, but the bridge that we have to cross in order to get to work was flooded and we had to go the long way around. It took 2 hours to get there on a really bumpy road, and I was holding on to the peanut the entire way. Hopefully the weather will get better, but the satellite images aren't very encouraging. I'm off work today so that I don't have to take peanut on that road again.

BOOBS
My boobs broke a zipper on a blouse yesterday morning. The blouse had always been a bit fitted, but wow it was TIGHT when I tried it on, and when I tried to zip it, the thing popped hehehehe. COOL. I won't complain, because I don't know how long I'll have such excellent boobage. (See pose: right)

BUTT
My bum is widening faster than my belly. I swear, my peanut is living in my butt cheeks not my uterus. Mam says that a big butt and legs means that I'm having a girl. Can you believe I'll be 6 months in 2 weeks? I'm still waiting for my belly to really pop.

SUPPLIES
I got a really neat infant support pillow the other day - a "Boppy" as well as a head support for peanut in the stroller or carseat, a fluffy ducky fleece blanky, and some other bits and pieces (as well as some snowman pjs for me - just because!)

1 comment:

The Towers Family said...

"Mam says that a big butt and legs means that I'm having a girl"

May i draw you attention to one "Maria Eleana" who also has a big butt and legs - 3 BOYS!!!!

However, i am convinced that you will have a girl, and she can be dressed all pink and fluffy!!!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." -- Anon