Sunday, April 13, 2008

Peanut in the Jungle

On Friday, I went on what will probably be one of the last adventures I'll have until Peanut's here. My co-worker and I were treated to half-day off on Friday to visit some natural sink holes in the forest. Look at you Peanut! Not even born yet, and already doing cool stuff!

As Peanut's dad will tell you, I'm usually very bouncy and hyper with any physical activities but I could really tell the difference in my stamina this time. I was really tired after the 15 minute walk to the sinkhole.

But not too tired to be silly and stick my tongue out for the camera!

Here's a lizard. I hope you'll enjoy bugs and reptiles as much as I do, Peanut! Just don't go getting salmonella all the time like me :-)

This is the sinkhole - a natural collapsed cave. You can see the tops of all the trees way down there at the bottom. Yikes, I don't like heights!

I am happy to report that I didn't trip over once throughout the whole trek through the jungle. However, there was one moment where I went running down a leaf-littered slope, and Emogene had to save me from banging into a tree. I told them not to worry, if I was gonna fall, I would have thrown myself backwards for you Peanut :-) hehe! I can't wait to do fun things like these with you and your Dad.


No comments:

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." -- Anon